Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Socks

Saw one of my favorite people in Chicago today. The guy on the corner selling, of all things, socks. I'd like to know what he pulls down a day. I mean I have never once in my life been driving down the road and thought to myself "Boy I really wish I had a new pair of socks right now." It's not exactly an impulse purchase.

The guy selling bottled water, genius. Candy bars, I bet he's doing ok. Flowers, you bet. Even the guy selling dish towels, I can see where that might be an impulse purchase on a hot day to mop your brow. But socks? Really?

I do admire the guys spirit though. At least he's out there trying to do something. And who knows maybe somebody forgot to put their socks on today and really needs a pair.

So here's to you Mr. Socks on the corner salesman. May you keep everyone's feet warm and dry.

2 comments:

  1. if socks is all you have to sell i guess you have to try to sell them take it out to highyay 61 or 41 as dylan said i got 48 red white and blue shoestings and 1000 telephones that dont ring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's right to say " Heres to Mr.Sock guy" lol But yea thats really Funny X)

    ReplyDelete