Monday, March 8, 2010

Holes in the Freezer

"I just shot six holes in my freezer. I think I've got cabin fever. Somebody sound the alarm"

That is a quote from a Jimmy Buffett song, can't think of the song title at the moment, but the sentiment is the same. The only reason I haven't shot holes in my freezer is ammo is expensive and I'm pretty sure that shooting your freezer in an evictable offense per the lease on my apartment. At any rate, I have a severe case of cabin fever right now and the warm weather hasn't done much to alleviate it. It seems it has made it worse. Probably because I've been stuck working but it still sucks.

I think my problem is I don't have any winter time hobbies. Everything I do for fun revolves around summer, baseball, motorcycles, skydiving. None of which lends itself to winter. Not to mention I HATE being cold, and I equally hate having to bundle up. It seems like all I do in the winter is lay around and gain weight. And that wasn't a problem until I hit my 30's. I feed off of adrenaline and I haven't found a way to get that fix in the winter yet, and this winter has seemed longer, colder and harsher than most.

So I think what I'm going to do is plan a trip to Punksatawnee (as soon as I figure out how to spell it) and put 6 holes in that little rodent that says winter was going to last 6 more weeks instead of in my freezer. I might put him in my freezer though. Does anyone have any good recipes for groundhog?

1 comment:

  1. This is good for you. The same concept for why I started my blog. And it helps since is your blog and if others don't like what you write, who cares?

    You have insight and you write well. Makes me want to log back into my blog and write something - haven't since 09/2009. While you have cabin fever, I have writer's block.

    Keep at this Bill. You have a talent for it. I enjoy what you write. - Lauren

    ReplyDelete