Monday, March 15, 2010

March Madness

Ahhh, yes it's that time of year again...NCAA March Madness. The second sign that spring is around the corner, the first being the start of spring training. It's time to dust off the ol' crystal ball and see how far you can get.

This time of year is especially agonizing for me. My sister and I have filled out brackets for years with the same bet, the loser buys dinner. Truth be told it has nothing to do with dinner. I'm not sure either of us has paid up in a couple of years. The deal is year long bragging rights. Nothing like sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner and being reminded how you got your ass kicked way back in March :-).

So today I will stare at brackets all day. Fill them out, throw them away and fill them out again. Do I take a 12 over a 5 in the South, or maybe an 11 over a 6 in the West? What do you do when you get done and realize you have all number 1's in the Final Four? And then there is the age old question, how far will Gonzaga go this year? And don't forget the ever important play in game. We always pick opposites on the play in game and a couple of years ago that was the difference between talking smack at Thanksgiving or having to sit there and take it.

Truth is, I love it, and love the competition with my sister. So enjoy the tournament, and look for a celebratory post on or about April 5th after I kick my sister April's ass.

1 comment:

  1. I still owe dinner to you and i have a comment on your guys' brackes this year....SO MUCH FOR KICKING HER BUTT THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!
    -Nathan

    ReplyDelete